2013 - 2014 Foundation Members
- Renee Castillo-De La Cruz
- Keyla Martinez Robertson
HBAA President Elect
- Marissa Marquez
- Kevin Terrazas
- Manuel Escobar
HBAA Immediate Past President
- Belinda Herrera
- Betsy Peticolas
- Maria Rivera
- Arturo Villarreal
- Michelle Alcala
- Jesse Butler
The HBAA Charitable Foundation
The Hispanic Bar Association of Austin Charitable Foundation supports educational programs and services that significantly benefit the Hispanic community, focusing primarily on awarding scholarships to demonstrably talented Hispanic students in Central Texas. The Foundation is supported primarily by the proceeds from its annual luncheon celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month.
The Foundation strives to provide assistance to Hispanic students at all levels of higher education:
- Students at the undergraduate level who are interested in attending law school are encouraged to apply for a joint scholarship between the Foundation and the Hispanic Scholarship Consortium. Further into their undergraduate curriculum, students may apply for financial assistance for a LSAT review course through the Foundation’s LSAT Review Scholarship.
- Once enrolled in law school, students are encouraged to apply for additional financial assistance through the Foundation’s partnership with the Hispanic Scholarship Consortium.
- Law students at the University of Texas who accept summer employment at a non-profit agency are eligible to apply for a HBAA Summer Fellowship to supplement their summer income.
- Finally, HBAA offers graduating UT law students scholarships to assist with bar review programs. These scholarships are given in honor of State Representative Irma Rangel, former Chair of the House Higher Education Committee, and are awarded annually to members of the Chicano-Hispanic Law Students Association (CHLSA).
The HBAA Charitable Foundation continuously strives to provide opportunities and assistance to Hispanic students as they pursue their legal careers. As support for the Foundation grows, the Foundation is able to further reach its goal of assisting Central Texas students successfully completing their legal education.
Click here to see the current bylaws of the Foundation.